10 weird medical facts
* One in every 1000 babies is born with a tooth.
* A person will die from lack of sleep sooner than they will from starvation, which usually takes a few weeks.
* Humans have 46 chromosomes, peas have 14 and crayfish have 200.
* Each person sheds 22 kilograms of skin in his or her lifetime.
* More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing. (YAY for kissing! LOL)
* A fetus only acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
* Guys are more likely than girls (by a ratio of 3-to-2) to have bad acne.
* We share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimp – and 70% with a slug.
* Human fetuses react to loud rock music by kicking. (ROCK ON kids!!!)
* At just 12 weeks the human fetus can scowl and squint.
Source: The People’s Almanac 2, compiled by David Wallechinsky and Irving Wallace.